Holy smokes, I realised it’s been quite a while since I hauled some books. And I got A LOT of them in the past two months, so as a coy little “Hi there, I’m sorry for neglecting you and I hope you’re not too mad at me” post, I thought I’d do a good, old-fashioned book haul! Yay!
All the books from top to bottom:
- “Goth Girl & the Wuthering Fright” by Chris Riddell (I adored everything about it! Give me ALL OF THE PUNS!)
- “Das Bernstein Teleskop (The Amber Spyglass) (Book 3)” & “Das Magische Messer (The Subtle Knife) (Book 2)” by Philip Pullman (I love this series so damn much!)
- “Everything Leads to You” by Nina LaCour
- “Horrorstör” by Grady Hendrix (I will never be able to look at an IKEA the same way!)
- “Hansel & Gretel” by Neil Gaiman & Lorenzo Mattotti (I didn’t love this as much as I loved “The Sleeper & the Spindle”, but Mattotti’s illustrations were very creepy and a perfect fit for such a dark fairy tale.)
- “Armada” by Ernest Cline
And now for the graphic novels:
- “The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, Volume 1” by Alan Moore & Kevin O’Neill (I’m really torn about this one. It was good, but at the same time not really.)
- “The Doll’s House (The Sandman Volume 2)” & “Preludes and Nocturnes (The Sandman Volume 1)” by Neil Gaiman, et al (I read Vol. 1 and really enjoyed it. Neil Gaiman’s writing is absolutely beautiful as always.)
- “Ms. Marvel, Volume 1: No Normal” by G. Willow Wilson & Adrian Alphona
- “Marvel 1602” by Neil Gaiman, Andy Kubert & Richard Isanove
- “Thor, Volume 1: The Goddess of Thunder” by Jason Aaron & Russell Dauterman
- “Rat Queens, Volume 2: The Far Reaching Tentacles of N’rygoth” by Kurtis J. Wiebe, Roc Upchurch, et al (The sass is strong in this one… I just love those ladies!)
- “The Wicked + The Divine, Volume 2: Fandemonium” by Kieron Gillen, Jamie McKelvie, et al (THAT ARTWORK, MAN! It’s so freaking gorgeous!)
- “Wonder Woman, Volume 1: Blood” by Brian Azzarello, Cliff Chiang & Tony Akins
- “No Future for You (Buffy Season 8, Volume 2)” & “The Long Way Home (Buffy Season 8, Volume 1)” by Joss Whedon, Brian K. Vaughan, et al (It’s Buffy so of course I liked them, but I think two volumes is gonna be enough for me. It’s just not the same without SMG kicking butt on my screen.)
2015 seems to be the “Year of the Graphic Novel” for me. I really fell in love with this medium. It’s also great when you’re stuck in a reading slump (as I am right now 😓), because they’re rather short and filled with action and colour! Since books seem to put me to sleep lately again, reading graphic novels is awesome because all the gorgeous artwork and the butt-kicking and sassiness (oh, Hannah… *googlyeyes*) keep me hooked to the end.
I hope you’re having a wonderful weekend, lovely humans!