Since my TBR is growing steadily and I keep buying books without actually reading them this challenge is perfect for me! I have unread books on my shelves that I haven’t touched since getting them three to four years ago. Scary.
The goal of this challenge is to finally read 12 books from your to be read pile within 12 months. Each of the books must have been on your bookshelf or your TBR list for at least one full year. So that means your chosen books can’t have a publication date of 01.01.2014 or later. You can pick two alternates in case one or two of the books end up in your “couldn’t bear to finish that one” pile.
So here is my list of books I plan to read (in no particular order):
- “The Casual Vacancy” by J.K. Rowling (2012)
- “The Cuckoo’s Calling” by Robert Galbraith (aka J.K. Rowling) (2013)
- “Leviathan” by Scott Westerfeld (2009)
- “Noughts and Crosses” by Malorie Blackman (2006)
- “The Girl who saved the King of Sweden” by Jonas Jonasson (2013)
- “Of Mice and Men” by John Steinbeck (1937)
- “Slaughterhouse 5” by Kurt Vonnegut (1969)
- “1984” by George Orwell (which I technically read back in school but got my own copy of it a couple of years ago and been planning on doing a re-read ever since then since I can barely remember anything of the story.) (1949)
- “Fingersmith” by Sarah Waters (2002)
- “Frankenstein” by Mary Shelley (1818)
- “The Eyre Affair” by Jasper Fforde (2001)
- “The Red House” by Mark Haddon (2012)
And my two alternates are:
Let’s shrink our TBR piles. Ladies and Gents!
— Alina xx