So since it’s the end of the month it’s time for a book haul. I bought 16 books this month, which considering my budget is quite a lot, but eight of them I found in an online used bookstore so I try to tell myself it’s not that bad. So here we go, from left to right we have:
– “A Thousand Splendid Suns” by Khaled Hosseini
– “Dial M for Merde” by Stephen Clarke
– “Shadow and Bone” by Leigh Bardugo
– “Incarceron” by Catherine Fisher
– “White Cat” by Holly Black
– “Red Glove” by Holly Black
– “Of Mice and Men” by John Steinbeck
– “Mr Penumbra’s 24-Hour Bookstore” by Robin Sloan
– “The Kite Runner” by Khaled Hosseini
– “A Game of Thrones” by George R.R. Martin
– “A Clash of Kings” by George R.R. Martin
– “A Storm of Swords” by George R.R. Martin
– “A Feast for Crows” by George R.R. Martin
– “A Dance with Dragons” by George R.R. Martin
– “Room” by Emma Donoghue
So far of those 16 books I’ve read two and started reading one. I’ve already read “Dial M for Merde” a couple of years ago, but I have no idea what happened to my copy. I think I lend it to a friend and never got it back. Anyways I decided to buy a new copy so my Stephen Clarke collection would be complete again.
The second book of my haul I’ve read is “Shadow and Bone”. I finished it in a little under three hours. That should tell you how much I loved it. You can find my review here.
I started reading “A Game of Thrones” and I’m halfway through it. I usually have a really hard time with reading high fantasy, but that’s not the case here. I love this book and I can’t wait to move on to the other parts of the series.
Well that’s my March book-buying extravaganza. Bring it on, April!
— Alina xx